söndag 28 oktober 2012

Something else.

 

I have spent seven weeks in Greece. We left Sweden aug. 31 by car and left Greece oct. 19. As we where going by car I had the opportunity to  take lots of fabrics, threads etc with me, but forgot to bring a sewinghoop!! A hoop I needed in order to go on with Module 1, Chapter 7 at the Distant Stitch Course.

Missing a hoop I had to do something else, so I made some small works.

Bild (153) Fig. 1. Collage with crosses.

This collage is made of Lutradur as a background stabilazer and then bits of  fabrics such as solids and sheers backed with Bondaweb/Vliesofix where then ironed on the Lutradur.

 

Bild (156) Fig. 2. Embroidered landscape.

This is a wholecloth I have painted with transfer dyes and then embroidered with different kind of stitches and threads.

Textil 2012 399 Textil 2012 400 Fig. 2a. Close ups.

Bild (158) Fig 3. Painted wholecloth with transfer dyes.

The wholecloth looked something like this before I started to embroider (it should  be rotaded to the right, but I do not know how to!)

Utsikt från övre terrassen Fig. 4. View from terrace.

This is my inspiration for the embroidered landscape. I have changed the olive trees to a flower meadow instead.

Bild (155) Fig. 5. Painted Tyveck pieces on felt.

Painted Tyveck cut into pieces and attatched with gold thread to black felt. Seed beads added and running stitch with different threads are filling the background.

Textil 2012 395 Fig. 5a. Close up.

Bild (157) Fig. 6. Round painted pieces of Tyveck on felt.

Another variation of painted Tyveck on black felt.

Textil 2012 390 Fig 6a. Close up.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar